Protection of your personal data is an important and serious matter to our company. So collection, storage, processing or transfer of our customers’ data always comply with the applicable General Data Protection Regulation and other data protection regulations.
I. Contact Details
1. Name and address of the controller
The controller in the sense of the General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection acts of the EU member states as well as in the sense of any other regulations with data protection law nature is:
Elektrotechnische Fabrik GmbH & Co. KG
51469 Bergisch Gladbach
Phone: +49 (0) 2202 / 9534-0
2. Name and address of the data protection officer
The data protection officer of the controller is:
Mr. Marcel Paes
LUTOP Data-Compliance GmbH
Phone: +49 (0) 2202 / 9534-16
II. General Provisions on Data Protection
1. Scope of the processing of personal data
We on principle only process personal data of our users tot he extend necessary to provide a functional website and our contents and services. Processing of our users’ personal data is made regularly and subject to our users’ consent. Derogations shall only take place on the condition that prior authorisation can not be obtained for factual reasons and, that data processing is permitted by legal regulations.
2. Legal basis for the processing of personal data
Insofar as we obtain the consent of a person to process its personal data, Article 6, paragraph 1 lit. a EU data protection regulation (GDPR) will apply as legal basis.
Processing of personal data that are required to perform a contract with the person that is party to a contract, Article 6, paragraph 1 lit. b GDPR will apply as legal basis. This shall also apply to processing operations that are required to carry out pre-contractual measures.
Insofar as processing of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation of our company, Article 6, paragraph 1 lit. c GDPR will apply as legal basis.
In case that vital interests of a person concerned or of any other natural person require the processing of their personal data, Article 6, paragraph 1 lit. d GDPR will apply as legal basis.
In case that data processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of Adels-Contact or any third party, and in case that the first mentioned interests are not overridden by the interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms of the person concerned, Article 6, paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR will apply as legal basis for processing.
3. Data deletion and storage period
The personal data of a person are erased or blocked as soon as the purpose for storage is no longer persued. Any further storage shall be provided by the European or national legislative authorities in European Union regulations, laws or other provisions to which the controller is subject. Data are also blocked or erased in case that a storage period stipulated in a relative regulation expires unless further storing of the data is needed to conclude or to comply with a contract.
III. Provision of our Website and Creation of Log-files
1. Description and scope of data processing
Whenever our website is called up, our system automatically collects data and information of the calling computers.
The data collected are:
- date and time of access
- IP address of the user
- information about the type of browser and the version usedn
- the user’s operating system
- websites, from which the user’s system links to our site
These data are also stored in our log-file. They are not stored together with other personal data of the user.
2. Legal ground for data processing
Legal ground for a temporary storage of data and log-files is Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR.
3. Purpose of data processing
Temporary storage of an IP address is necessary to deliver our website to the user’s computer. To this effect, the user’s IP address needs to be stored for the duration of the user’s session.
Log-files are stored in order to safeguard functionality of the website. We additionally use these data to optimise our website and to ensure the safety of our information technology systems. In this connection, data are not evaluated for marketing purpose.
Data processing for these afore-mentioned purposes are our legitimate interest according to Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR.
4. Duration of storage
The personal data are erased as soon as they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected. In case of a collection of data to allow provision of our website they are erased as soon as a session ends.
Data stored in log-files are erased after a period of 7 days at the latest. Any further storing of such data may be possible; in such case the user’s IP addresses are erased or masked, so that it is no longer possible to relate them to the calling client browser.
5. Right to object and removal
For the purpose of operating and providing our website it is imperative to collect data and store them in log-files. Consequently, users have no right to object.
V. Contact Form and E-mail Contact
1. Description and scope of data processing
Our website provides a contact form that allows to contact us electronically. Once a user makes use of that option, the data entered are transferred to and stored at Adels-Contact. These data are:
- Company (required field)
- Name (required field)
- Street (required field)
- Postcode / City (required field)
- Phone (required field)
- E-mail (required field)
- as well as freely formulated questions, queries of activities, request to send the latest product catalogue, to call back or to send a non-binding quotation.
The following data are stored at the time when the message is sent:
- Date and time of the enquiry
Within the context of transmission, we ask for your approval and refer to this privacy statement.
Alternatively, it is possible to contact us via the e-mail addresses we provide (general address as well as the addresses of the individual contacts). In such case the user’s personal data state in the e-mail are stored.
2. Legal basis for data processing
Processing of data is based on Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. a GDPR subject to the user’s given consent.
Legal basis for processing of those data that are transmitted by e-mail is Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR. In case that conclusion of a contract is the objective of an e-mail contact, processing is additionally based on Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. b GDPR.
3. Purpose of data processing
We only use personal data from the input mask to establish contact. If contact is made by e-mail this implies the necessary legitimate interest to process the relative data.
All other personal data processed during transmission shall prevent misuse and ensure the safety of our IT systems.
4. Duration of storage
All addtionally data that were stored during transmission are erased after a period of 7 days at the latest.
5. Right to object and right to erasure
The user shall have the right to withdraw at any time his consent to process his personal data. In case that a user gets in contact with us via e-mail, he may object to the storage of his personal data at any time. In such a case, the conversation can no longer be continued.
Revocation of consent as well as objection to storage can be made via contact form on the Adels-Contact website or alternatively by e-mail to email@example.com.
In such case, all personal data that had been collected for establishing contact will be erased.
For our internet presence we use a video portal of the YouTube LLC., 901 Cherry Ave., 94066 San Bruno, CA, USA, in the following called “YouTube".
YouTube is a subsidiary of Google LLC., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, in the following called „Google“.
By certification according tot he EU-US Privacy Shield
Google and consequently their subsidiary YouTube ensure that the EU data protection guidelines are complied with when data are processed within the USA.
We use YouTube in connection with the function “extended data protection mode” in order to be in a position to display video clips. Legal basis for this is Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR. Quality improvement of our internet presence constitutes a legitimate interest of Adels-Contact. As specified by YouTube, the function “extended data protection mode” has the effect that all additional, more detailed information is only transmitted to YouTube if a video clip is actually started.
Without such an “extended data protection” connection to the YouTube server in the USA as soon as you call up one of our web pages on which a YouTube video clip is embedded.
Such a link is necessary to display the required video clip via your internet browser. In this connection YouTube will at least collect and process your IP address, date and time of access as well as the web pages you visited. In addition to that, connection is made to the advertising network “DoubleClick” by Google.
In case that you are simultaneously logged-in at YouTube, YouTube will assign your connection information to your YouTube account. To prevent this, you should either log out from YouTube before you visit our page or make the corresponding settings in your YouTube account .
For the purpose of functionality as well as for the purpose to analyse usage behaviour, YouTube permanently stores cookies via your internet browser on your terminal. If you do not agree to such processing you may prevent storage of cookies by making a relative setting in your internet browser. For details see the paragraph “cookies” above.
Google provides in their privacy statement further detailed information with regard to collection and use of data as well as your relative rights and protection options.
VII. Rights of the Data Subject
In case that your personal data are collected or processed, you are data subject in terms of the GDPR with the following rights towards the controller:
1. Right of access
You shall have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are being processed, and, where that is the case, you shall have the right to access to the personal data and the following information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing of your personal data or to object to such processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- where the personal data are not collected from you, any available information as to their source;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22, paragraph 1 and 4 GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you.
Where personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organisation, the data subject shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Article 46 GDPR relating to the transfer.
2. Right to rectification
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her and/or to have incomplete personal data completed.
3. Right to restriction of processing
You shall have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by yourselves, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
- the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by yourselves for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21, paragraph 1 GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override yours
Where processing has been restricted under paragraph 1, such personal data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or of a Member State.
Where processing has been restricted under the a.m. conditions, the controller will inform you before the restriction will be abolished.
4. Right to erasure
a) Obligation to erasure
You shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of your personal data without undue delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;.
- you withdraw consent on which the processing is based according to point (a) of Article 6, paragraph 1, or point (a) of Article 9, paragraph 2 GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- you object to the processing pursuant to Article 21, paragraph 1 GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to Article 21, paragraph 2 GDPR;.
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject;
- the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8, paragraph 1 GDPR.
b) Information to a third party
Where the controller has made the personal data public and is obliged pursuant to Article 17, paragraph 1 GDPR to erase the personal data, the controller, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform controllers which are processing the personal data that you have requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data.
The right to erasure shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary:
- for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with Article 9, paragraph 2 lit. h and I and as well as Article 9, paragraph 3 GDPR;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89, paragraph 1 GDPR in so far as the right referred to in paragraph a) is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
5. Right to notification
In case that you have asserted the right of rectification, erasure or restriction of processing against the controller, the controller is obliged to notify rectification or erasure of data or restriction of processing to third parties to whom data have been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
You shall have the right to obtain from the controller the notification to third parties to whom the data have been disclosed.
6. Right to data portability
You shall have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, where:
- the processing is based on consent pursuant to Article 6, paragraph 1 lit. a GDPR or Article 9, paragraph 2 lit. a GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Article 6, paragraph 1 lit. b GDPR and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
I In exercising your right to data portability pursuant to paragraph 1, you shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible. This right shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
The exercise of the right to data portability shall not apply to processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
7. Right to object
You shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6, paragraph 1, including profiling based on those provisions.
The controller shall no longer process your personal data unless the controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you shall have the right to object at any time to processing of your personal data for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
In case that you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, your personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
In the context of the use of information society services, and notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC, you shall have the option to object by automated means using technical specifications.
8. Right to withdraw the declaration of consent to data processing
You shall have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
9. Automated individual decision-making, including profiling
You shall have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects on you or similarly significantly affects you. This shall not apply if the decision:
a) is necessary for entering into, or performance of, a contract between you and a data controller;
b) is authorised by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests; or
c) is based on your explicit consent.
Such decisions, however, shall not be based on special categories of personal data referred to in Article 9, paragraph 1 GDPR, unless point (a) or (g) of Article 9, paragraph 2 GDPR applies and suitable measures to safeguard rights and freedoms as well a your legitimate interests are in place.
In the cases referred to in points (a) and (c), the data controller shall implement suitable measures to safeguard rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests, at least the right to obtain human intervention on the part of the controller, to express your point of view and to contest the decision.
10. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
The supervisory authority with which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant on the progress and the outcome of the complaint including the possibility of a judicial remedy pursuant to Article 78 GDPR.
Our competent supervisory authority:
Die Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
Phone: +49 211 38424-0
Fax: +49 211 38424-10
[End of privacy Statement]
In spite of carful content-related control we assume no liability for the content of external links. All content of linked websites is solely in the liability of the operator.
Clause reserving errors
All information has been provided and verified with due care. Adels-Contact accepts no liability for the information being complete, correct and/or up-to-date.
These General Terms and Conditions of Use are written in the English and German language. The English version shall merely be a non-binding translation of the German version. The German version shall prevail in case of any differences between the English and the German version.